In French, please is either s'il vous plaît or s'il te plaît, depending on how well you know the person you're saying it to. The literal translation is: "If it pleases you."
When To Use S'il Vous Plaît
- To people you've never met before
- When addressing more than one person
- To people older than you
- To people superior to you in a professional or educational environment
- To people in a position of greater power than yourself
- To anyone to whom you want to seem formal and polite
- To those younger than you
- To family
- To friends
- To others on online game services, such as Xbox LIVE or PSN.
- S'il vous plaît - sill voo play
- S'il te plaît - sill tuh play