Anonymous

Where Does The Word 'Chocolate' Come From?

5

Lily James Profile
Lily James answered

The word Chocolate basically refers to a variety of raw and processed food items that are made from a seed of tropical cacao tree.

The word Chocolate has originated from Aztecs of Mexico. It is derived from a nahuatl language word xocilatl. This word is a combination of xocolli which means bitter and atl which means water.

Actually the Aztec people associated chocolate with Xochiquetzal who was the goddess of fertility.

The truth is, the history of chocolate is very extensive, the truth is, I come from Mexico and there is a very coarse culture about chocolate, not only is it a bar, in fact, it is the essence of a very coarse culture, it is what I like about my beautiful Mexico, The truth is that the essence of a tasty chocolate, I still cannot find it abroad but these chocolates are similar to the ones I bought in my Mexico

Hi do you know where the word chocolate came from?

Anonymous