Some examples of putting this noun into a sentence are:
- The football players' retirement appears to be an acknowledgement that he has reached an age where it is no longer safe to play
- She turned the heating off due to her acknowledgement of the expensive gas bills
- The driver decided to stay in today because of his acknowledgement of the icy roads
- I hereby acknowledge the receipt of the following documents
- Because the manager is out of office, I am therefore acknowledging receipt of your letter
Letters of acknowledgement are overall useful for confirmation and validating actions and questions.