My Blood Test Show: ESR= High, AST =low, MCH = High & Mono% = High What Does This Mean?


4 Answers

Connor Sephton Subber Profile
After you have had a blood test, your doctor should really go through the result with you, whether they indicate you have a serious illness or you are perfectly healthy. It is extremely unprofessional if your doctor has not done this and it is recommended you go back to your doctor for a full and detailed discussion regarding the results and whether or not you require any treatment.

ESR stands for Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate which is the rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions; a high rate usually indicates the presence of inflammation.

AST stands for Aspartate Transaminase. It is an enzyme found in various cells, including liver cells, and elevated levels may indicate liver damage, but must be interpreted in the context of other liver tests, as it is not only found in liver cells, but other cell types as well.

MCH, or Mean Corpuscular Haemoglobin, is a calculation of the average amount of oxygen-carrying hemoglobin inside a red blood cell. Macrocytic RBCs are large so tend to have a higher MCH, while microcytic red cells would have a lower value.

If someone has a positive mono test, an increased number of white blood cells, reactive lymphocytes, and symptoms of mono, then that person will be diagnosed with infectious mononucleosis.

The only way to find out what your results truly indicate is to speak to your doctor as they should have complete record of your medical history and will know exactly what these result mean. It is best to see your doctor as soon as possible to put your mind at rest and if you do need any medication, your doctor will be able to provide you with exactly what you need. If your doctor refuses to explain the results to you, it is recommended that you get a new doctor and find someone who can help.
Our Sacred Saints Profile
I am not a doctor and I would strongly suggest that you consult your doctor about your labwork and ask for further bloodwork to see if there are any changes.

The results that you indicated would have to analyzed with more tests but could possibly indicate either an infectious disorder or a neoplastic disorder. Both of these causes would need to be seen and treated by a doctor.

I hope this helps.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I think you must check for rheumatism fast
Bruce Tillson Profile
Bruce Tillson answered
These are questions that you should be asking your doctor who did the blood tests.

Answer Question