What Does Ratio Of Height To Width (aspect Ratio) Mean On A Tire?

3

Heres an example say you have a tire and rim all together. 245/75 R19.5

The width of this tire measured in milliliters is 245. It is measured from sidewall to sidewall.

The 75 number is actually intended as the height of the tire from the bead to the top of the tread. Better known as the aspect ratio it is calculated as 75% of the tire width, which in this case is 245 so, .75 * 245 = 183.75mm. That is the height of the tire. If this setup was 245/65 R19.5 then it would be 65% of the tire width.

The R stands for the tire construction, which in this case is Radial.

19.5 stands for the rims width in inches.

Hope this helps :)

I agree with you that choosing the right size is very important. You should think carefully before choosing any tire for your car, because it will cost you a penny, and the fact is that it takes longer to choose the best tire, it would be better than buying anything for money. I personally helped the article toptirereviews.com/best-tires-for-honda-fit/ and I decided on the choice of Michelin Defender tires since my friend in the garage has absolutely the same tires

Given their all-season designation, most car owners leave them on in winter and expect that their tires will deliver all the traction they need on snowy, icy roads.

Anonymous