What's "The Sound Of Music" In Spanish?

3

Tony Valecci Profile
Tony Valecci answered
There are really two versions of the Rodgers & Hammerstein classic dubbed into Spanish.

The Latin American version is called "La Novicia Rebelde" (The Rebellious Novice) and has only the dialogue dubbed into Spanish (in Mexico). The European version from Spain is called "Sonrisas y Lágrimas" (Smiles and Tears) and has both the songs and dialogue dubbed into Spanish.

Ironically, while the titles differ completely, the title song has been translated as "El eco de la música" in both versions. I've seen both and recommend looking for a European version. Be careful to check if your DVD player can play movies from Europe.

¡Buena suerte!
Anonymous
Anonymous commented
Wow! Thanks for the quick answer! Blurtit is awesome! Can anyone recommend a place where I could buy a copy of one of those versions online?
Dima FTW
Dima FTW commented
+1

Hello! I want to thank you for a useful article and ask for your opinion. I am an aspiring musician and want to upload my music to spotify. I was told that as a beginner, I'd better buy spotify plays first. Then I can become popular faster and make money on spotify. Tell me is it true? What do you think of such services?

El Sonido de Musica, however in Musica there is an accent over the I

Anonymous